Saturday, December 10, 2011

More on Amazon's latest dirty scheme

In continuation of what I mentioned yesterday regarding Amazon's dirty trick to snatch business away from brick-and-mortar stores, this is a thorough piece from Moby Lives on the backlash. Like I already said, this ploy by Amazon sinks lower than low and further emphasizes all that I've grown to dislike from the online retailer.

It also turns out I'm not alone in my method of looking books up on Amazon and buying them later in independent bookstores. From Shelf-Awareness:
Author Garth Stein (The Art of Racing in the Rain) tweeted his own strategy: "I like to do the Reverse Amazon: hear about a book, read about it on Amazon, then go buy it at my local bookstore! It's fun! #ReadLocal."

2 comments:

  1. I read that comment on Shelf Awareness. I try to check out our local book store whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone knows, you do. I hope. What's the environmental impact of producing a physical book? An ebook? Can these things be calculated? I'd be interested in any thoughts you have on the matter. Please ping me at jkneilson@yahoo.com if you take a solid whack at answering these questions. Best, Kevin

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to an increase in spam. Sorry!