Monday, February 16, 2009

The Graveyeard Book - again

I mentioned a few weeks ago in this post that my copy of "The Graveyard Book" was on its way. I also promised I'd follow up on it. I read it over the weekend (I'm a bit slow this week) and figured I should live up to my promise.

I don't usually try to view books through the eyes of award-givers, but "The Graveyard Book" is actually... great. I really see why it won the Newbery. Not only is it a fun, enchanting story, but it's got this incredible Gaiman flair to it. It's a children's book, no doubt, but it's one that can be enjoyed by adults as well. Now that I've actually read it, I believe I must heartily concur with the judge's decision. This series of enjoyable stories about a boy named Bod are on the one hand so Gaiman and so fun to read. A hat tip to them as well as one to Neil Gaiman. Thanks for a fun weekend read.

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Neil Gaiman until some of the bloggers and indies staff mentioned him. After reading his blog, I'm considering to read some of the works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Gaiman's writing. I have The Graveyard Book in my TBR. Glad you liked it!

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to an increase in spam. Sorry!