Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Calling on all Battlestar Galactica fans...

*Notice! This is a no spoiler zone! Please refrain from mentioning anything related to season 4 of Battlestar Galactica! Thank you!*

With that out of the way, I'm pleased to link to the Guardian's most-delightful article that's about, believe it or not, Battlestar Galactica. (The article is spoiler free in regards to season 4 but mentions things through season 3.) Until reading this neatly phrased piece, my copy of the Aeneid sat cheerfully ranked as "last" on my above-bed bookshelf. I never believed that anything could make it shoot up through the ranks so quickly, surpassing even a Zola novel I've been wanting to read for months. As soon as I finish my current read, into the battlestar, er, I mean, Virgil, I go. A tip of my hat to the Guardian, then. Charlotte Higgins, I don't believe I should get so amused from reading about Virgil. Then again, you used the phrase "geek tragedy".

While it's always fun to compare classics to their modern counterparts, I think this ranks as one of my most favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to an increase in spam. Sorry!